We LOVE tacos in our house, but having the same recipe every time gets old. We found this BBQ chicken taco recipe a few months ago, and it has quickly become our favorite!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 rotisserie chicken- shredded
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- Salt to season
- 10 stand and stuff taco shells
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 of green bell pepper
- 1/4 of a red onion sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons sliced olives
- Italian pizza topper or seasoning
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray a a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking oil spray; set aside. TRICK: I use a muffin tin so my shells stand up!
Heat the oil in a skillet or pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the chicken and sear until golden and crisp. Add the garlic; fry until fragrant (about 1 minute); then add the barbecue sauce and salt to season (about 1/2 teaspoon salt). Cook until chicken is coated and glossy, and the sauce slightly thickens. Turn off heat.
Arrange taco shells in the muffin tin. Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of shredded cheese into each taco shell to keep them from going soggy. Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture into each shell on top of the cheese until all the chicken is used. Top with the green pepper slices, onion slices, mushrooms and olives. Top shells with the remaining cheese and sprinkle with the seasoning.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted through. Serve with sour cream, guacamole, salsa, or condiments of choice.